Fanatic:Optimum betting strategies... and easy-to-follow "plug and play" betting formulas for every type of wager.
- How to avoid the nine most common betting mistakes that 99% of all horse racing fans make.
- Even the best horse in a race will not always win. Use this betting strategy for insurance when the unexpected happens—and to win even more money when the expected outcome does occur.
- The biggest mistake Exacta players make, and an alternative strategy that will guarantee you a lot more wins!
- In this very real example, the $1 Exacta paid $82.20, while the $1 Trifecta paid $2,510.20. Find out how a couple extra dollars wagered, using this simple betting configuration, could put a huge chunk of extra cash into your pocket.
- It you’re short on time, use this simple tactic to maximize your winnings.
- Identifying weak favorites in a race can make other horses a bargain. Here’s what to look for… and how to take maximum advantage of such a situation.
- This little-known bit of advice will double your chances of discovering those young horses most likely to win while they can still put a fortune in your pocket.
- Look for this one idiosyncrasy when betting on Quarter Horse Racing. It will vastly increase your odds of winning.
- Some simple advice on how to avoid the "All-Or-Nothing" Syndrome.
- The importance of Class and Condition in knowing when a Long Shot is ready to run its very best race and upset the pack.
- How Workout Patterns can alert you to whether-or-not a horse is going to lag… or go for the gold.
- Why a horse’s Final Time can fool you!
- How to understand the importance of Track Variance in picking the winners.
Beyer Speed Ratings
For many race fans… the confusion caused by differences between tracks… pace… distances… etc., seems daunting.
This is why many players feel more comfortable playing the favorites off the tip sheets… tote boards… etc, when handicapping their races.
Unfortunately, this is not how those who bring home the big money wagering on horse racing do it.
It takes guts to go against the grain and put your money down on a Long Shot or two… or throw a "dark horse" into a mix of favorites.
And you will need the right betting mindset, formulas, and strategies to make it happen.
One tool that can help handicappers of all skill levels is the Beyer Speed Ratings (also called Beyer Numbers) that you will find prominently displayed in the Daily Racing Form.
Ideally, these numbers can be used to compare horses that have raced at different tracks, different distances, and different type racing conditions (mud, fast, etc.)
Understanding how to use this rating system is especially important, because of the fact that a large percentage of winners come from the three horses in a race with the highest Beyer Numbers.
Simplify the Process
However, because it is tedious and time-consuming to add up all of the numbers for each horse and average them, many players cannot be bothered with taking advantage of this powerful tool.
That’s because they don’t know the little trick I will show you to simplify this process that makes all of these complex calculations unnecessary.
Moreover, it is important to understand the system’s weaknesses as well as its strengths. That’s why I cover the Beyer Rating System extensively in my book. I’ll show you:
- Which Beyer numbers are the most reliable… and which the least?
- How likely is a horse to repeat the same Beyer Number in its next race… and if so… under what conditions?
- What you will need to know besides the Beyer Numbers to get to the bottom of a horse’s true abilities and potential.
- How to get some good payoffs by betting against the horses with the highest Beyer Numbers, when one or more of the following six circumstances are present!
- Though a large number of winners can be found among the top three Beyer Figure earners… by no means do you want to throw-out all of the others contenders in a race. Follow this important advice when putting your betting strategy together using Beyer Figures.
- Beyer Numbers are good… but not foolproof. Do not make the mistake of relying on them when the following five conditions exist!
- Why many horses with the highest Beyer Numbers do not win, and what to look for to avoid burning up your betting money on these.
- Three powerful Spot Plays using Beyer Figures that can give you the winning edge.
- Eight very important factors to always consider when using Beyer Figures to pick your horses to maximize your winnings and cut your losses.
By now… you’ve probably figured out that what I am offering here is not one of those "five-minute" betting systems that promise instant riches.
This is serious knowledge… for the serious player… whether new to the track… or the most experienced handicapper.
Moreover… this vital knowledge goes far beyond mathematical formulas and betting strategies.
And far beyond understanding the best handicapping methods, tips, and resources.
You will also learn those insider’s secrets that can make all the difference between a mediocre day at the track… or walking away with your pockets lined with cash.
Take for an example that invaluable information that only a trainer knows about a horse… and the detective work you can use to uncover this information for yourself and use it to your advantage, including:
• The clues to look for to uncover trainer secrets, maneuvers, and subterfuge to know when a horse is about to break loose and surprise the racing world with a long odds win against all expectations.
• If a horse is a notorious ‘fader’ the trainer may put the horse into a longer race and put on a jockey who is good at rating horses (getting them to relax and save some of their speed for the end.) But don’t bet on this pony quite yet. Here's how to know when this horse is ready for a win.
• How to know when a horse has been held back, and may be ready for a win.
• Two unusual psychological factors to look for that have brought me some nice big winners in the past!
• And, much, much more.
Looking for Long Shots
Every horse racing fan knows the story of Seabiscuit... the scrappy little horse with a big heart that captured the hearts and imagination of all of America, back in the days of the great depression.
But did you know he went off at 70-to-1 his first race—even though he came out of seriously respectable bloodlines and showed great promise during his workouts?
And there are hundreds more stories like these. Great horses with names like Seattle Slew... Man O' War... Aly Sheba... Native Dancer... Foolish Pleasure... Regret... Desert Vixen... and Secretariat.
Legends of the racing world that were once unknowns. Long Shots going off at great odds, only to break loose from the pack, to put the savvy few into the gold.
But the odds don't stay high long with horses like these. Or even for those many more horses that may never achieve greatness... but who are ready to make their own run for the winners' circle... because of one special factor or the other.
That's why you must learn how to discover promising Long Shots early on... while they still offer the kind of odds that can bring serious winnings to those smart enough to take a closer second look.
And that's where we get to the real heart of the matter—my numerous strategies to uncover potential winning Long Shot contenders in a race.
Take for example the Trifecta
No matter how good you are, the Trifecta is a hard bet to win with great frequency. That’s why you want to collect a nice big one from time to time. In fact, one big Trifecta can put you ahead on the bet for years.
In this regard, one good-size long shot can make all of the difference in the world, especially in light of one very important fact:
The Winners of a Trifecta Race Often Includes
At Least One Long Shot Among the First Three Finishers
And... that’s but one example of how important knowing how to pick winning Long Shots is to any horse racing fan who wants to experience that powerful rush of excitement that only a really big win can bring!
Soon, you too will know:
• Three super strategies to help uncover one or more Long Shot contenders in a race.
• When looking for Long Shots… be particularly aware of change. The more changes the better. Use this simple criteria to quickly narrow the field and know what Long Shots rate a closer look.
• One of the most surprising factors that emerged in our study was the number of Long Shots that came in after switching tracks. Here are the factors that made the winning difference.
• Another factor that produces some great Long Shots is the hidden class drop. Here is the best way to find these.
• Consider this: Many two-year-olds show considerable improvement in their second start. What you should look for in breeding, workouts, etc., before you put your money down.
• A drop in class—hidden or obvious—can sometimes do the trick… and is even more significant when coupled with this one important factor.
• A distance change alone can put your Long Shot in the money. Here’s how a look at breeding can help you determine if a horse fits the bill.
• Watch out for these two switches that will often lead to disappointing results.
• A horse that has only raced on the turf now switches to dirt. Most fans assume that this is a risky bet. Use this quick analysis of workouts to know if this horse is likely to win. It will show you what past performance can't!
• A young horse is an unknown quality. Even if its first couple races show little, there is always a chance that it may turn out to be a turf specialist, a mud lover, or a distance runner. Here’s how past performance lines can help you determine when such a horse is about to break loose and go for the gold.
• If you study a horse’s past performance, you should get some clues as to what this horse prefers in the way of distance. Here’s exactly what to look for when assessing how well a horse will run in the race you are handicapping.
• Weight: When is it significant… and when is it meaningless?
• And, many more factors you should look for that will help you discover serious Long Shot contenders.
The Differential Factor
This is my own proprietary method for predicting winners when the usual handicapping "absolutes" say no. Revealed here for the first time anywhere!
One of the keys to picking long shots is trying to detect patterns or cycles in the past performances of those horses that only run their best when it suits them.
Use this simple handicapping strategy to know when this kind of horse is ready to run for the money.
They say a picture is worth a thousand words… and in horse racing this can be especially true… and worth some big money in your pocket too!
So bring your camera and snap a few.
It will help you learn secrets about a horse that no handicapper can ever discover from past performance… workouts… or anywhere else.
This has helped me pick some serious long odds contenders that have gone on to astound the racing world with wins.
I will show you exactly what to look for and how to keep track of this exceptionally valuable information that can help you put a whole lot of sweet cash winnings in your pocket… as it has in mine.
Five Special Spot Plays
Spot Play #1 — The beauty of my own special spot play is not only its effectiveness, but also the fact that it will help you pinpoint horses that most people would overlook. That's because it's based on a concept opposite of what one would expect. Follow these three simple rules to make this your special Spot Play too!
Spot Play #2 — The Claiming Pattern: When a trainer claims a horse, it is because the trainer feels that the horse can win at that class level or above. Follow these Four Rules to know when such a horse is likely to be a winner for you!
Spot Play # 3 — The Tote Pattern: When a large amount of money is bet on a ‘hot’ horse… the result is that the odds on the rest of the horses in the race will normally go up. However, when the "hot horse" phenomenon occurs… there is often a much better bet in the race. Follow this one simple rule to know when and how to cash in big when the timing is right.
Spot Play #4 — Horses Ready to Fire in Maiden Races: Look for these conditions and patterns to know when a maiden horse is ready to put some money in your pocket.
Spot Play #5 — Abrupt Reversal Tip-off Play: When a 50-to-1 Long Shot scores after running several poor races, most people are left scratching their heads and wondering what happened! While not all such upsets can be predicted… a certain percentage of them can! Here’s the tip-off!
Soon... you will have gained the kind of winning confidence that arming yourself with effective handicapping knowledge can bring.
All you need now is a way to get more coverage for your racing dollar... and a shot at the granddaddy of all wins... the Pick Six!
(Especially after it's rolled over a few times into a life-changing fortune.)